kschilk

End of an era...

:( It is with profound sadness, that I post this notice. I recently got the word from the one and only, the great Peapitter himself...that the Peapit is closing down permanently, on or about January 1, 2008. Skydiving humor sites are few and his was by far, the best I've ever seen. In my opinion, he set the standard for skydiving humor and the Peapit will be sorely missed by myself and all others, who've been fortunate enough to have landed in www.peapit.com. :(
"T'was ever thus."

why am i just now hearing about this site????

Never heard of it before, and I've spent a great deal of time here at DZ.com....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

He's a modest man, doesn't go around blowing his own horn or advertising his site. I most highly recommend that you check it out...and soon! There's a lot to see there, it'll take you a while but it's well worth it. ;)
"T'was ever thus."

Just spent a while checking it out. It's awesome! I hope someone makes a new site to take its place. I could really use more laughs like that in my life.

He's a rare talent, that's a pretty tall order to fill. I doubt there'll ever be anything, quite like the Peapit.
"T'was ever thus."

Just spent a while checking it out. It's awesome! I hope someone makes a new site to take its place. I could really use more laughs like that in my life.

He's a rare talent, that's a pretty tall order to fill. I doubt there'll ever be anything, quite like the Peapit.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?username=MrPeapit; He's joined the zoo! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Of course it's a tall order to fill. Nothing could be quite like that site, but I'd at least love to see someone really try. I bet someone could do a decent job.

I agree! Problem is, it requires a lot of time and devotion to produce and maintain ANY quality site....especially when it's basically a non-profit venture. I'm afraid there are few out there, willing and/or able to do it.

However....stay tuned to this thread, there may yet be hope!!! It's not my place to say any more.....but we may just hear from the man, himself!! Keep hitting that site!!!! ;)
"T'was ever thus."

First of all, thank you all for the kind words. I dropped out of the sport last year after 29 years of jumping. Since I'm no longer an insider it's hard to keep up with all the politics, issues and foibles that are fodder for satire. Plus, I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would want to read such tripe.

I have seen a tremendous spike in site visits since kschilk posted the message. Maybe I'll leave the site as is until traffic dies down.
1st jump August 6, 1977.
Last jump July 8, 2006.