NWFlyer

Donation information for WA Caravan Crash

Update to all of those who donated.

First, thank you thank you thank you.

Second, I've invited SAR and the Red Cross to send a representative to the group memorial service being held this Saturday (details on the Skydive Snohomish site). This will give us a chance to present the donations in person and allow them to reconnect with the community as we remember our friends. I have a commitment from SAR; still waiting to hear from the Red Cross whether anyone will be able to join us. SAR is actively fundraising for a new mobile command post; this will be a great help to that fundraising effort.

The presentation won't be a part of the formal program, rather just an informal presentation either before or after the event. I think there's a general weariness of publicity at this point, so we'd like it to be a quiet process of saying thank you.

But here's the most amazing part. Thanks to the generosity of the skydiving community worldwide, we will be presenting a total gift of $3,000 to the two organizations. Yes, that is how much we raised AFTER paying for the two-page Parachutist spread. I've seen a proof of the memorial spread; I have no doubt that you will all be as moved as I was when you see it in the December issue; I will post it here after that for those of you who are not USPA members.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Well, I got my issue here today and I've heard of enough other parts of the country that have received theirs...

So, here's the link to the artwork for the memorial page for those who are not USPA members and won't get a chance to see it in Parachutist. Both the page designer and the photographer of that beautiful sunset shot of the plane are dz.commers - I'll let them take credit if they so choose.

http://ennasirk.com/n430aMemorial.jpg

Thank you again to all who contributed - you guys made this happen. I will be sending copies of the magazine to each of the victims' family members, so they will get to see the gift from the skydiving community to remember their loved ones.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Looks like there will be a lot more donations needed.

Saw today's news that the first lawsuit has been filed over N430A. [:/]

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."