skydiver88

so how many people have...

I had just finished college, disappointed that I hadn't gotten into vet school in the states but figured I'd work for a few years and then try again. Had a job that I loved at an animal hospital in Alexandria, VA which was an awesome place to live.

Then about four months after starting the job I went on a fun trip to New Zealand with my mom because we'd always wanted to see that country. Realized there was a vet school in New Zealand and that you could try to get in by going to school there for one semester and competing against 400-some people for one of the 100 spots in the vet program.

That was in October 2005, by November I had a spot in the competitive semester which started the next February. It took about that long to get my visa. Not a very long time considering I moved about 9,000 miles without even being sure I would get into the vet school.

I worked my ass off for the competitive semester, got into vet school and will be starting my 3rd year soon. New Zealand is awesome and there's a good chance I'll stay here permanently.

"Perhaps she saw before her a lifetime of walking on the ruined earth and chose instead a single moment in the air." -Carolyn Parkhurst