k_marr08

climbing in the Raleigh, NC area

HI all -- visiting the Raleigh, NC area this week and wondering if anyone, since it's a bit too cold to skydive, wants to go to a climbing gym in the area with a novice climber -- I CAN belay.
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

It may be a bit of a drive, but Fayetteville has TWO decent indoor climbing gyms. :)

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

does that mean you would climb with me? or are you simply suggesting gyms I could go to?

and thanks! -- I'm finding the prices kind of ridiculous at the gym in the durham area -- it's 11 for the day, but that's only if you want to top rope. if you want to boulder ALSO it's an extra 7. gr.
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

I'm sure I could arrange a few reputable climbing partners whom I would deem "safe". :)
Even though it gets panned by a few of the locals here, The Climbing Place is where I started out at locally, and it's not bad at all. They even run weekly specials and have pizza parties on fridays (or at least, they used to).

"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I'm sure I could arrange a few reputable climbing partners whom I would deem "safe". :)
Even though it gets panned by a few of the locals here, The Climbing Place is where I started out at locally, and it's not bad at all. They even run weekly specials and have pizza parties on fridays (or at least, they used to).

Where is the second one? I'm still waiting on a reply to an email and a call from TCP I left TUESDAY >:(
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

Where is the second one? I'm still waiting on a reply to an email and a call from TCP I left TUESDAY >:(

The second one is in Fayetteville, down Raeford Rd, behind some carpet place.

As for the email, was that the one you sent with the story?

As for the email, was that the one you sent with the story

Huh?

If you are referring to the story I emailed you NO I didn't send them that, though maybe if I had they would take me seriously? :D:D:D or not :D:D:D

no name on the second climbing gym?
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

It's called Red Point. It's really classy, but pretty strict about passing their test. You can either take the test, fail and THEN watch the 45-min training film and retake the test, or just watch the darn film first and then take the test.

The Climbing Place simply puts you through a practical demonstration and if they feel you're competent, they'll sign you off.

Oh, and I plan on reading that story soon, I promise. I have actually had to WORK at my job for once. Quite a paradigm shift for me. :P