johnnyoneeye

Is this a resonable price for a Spectre

Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying a Spectre 190 as my first used canopy. I found one for $950 with approx. 200 jumps (manf. 1998). The owner says it is in good condition no tears or patches. I wanted to figure out if this was a reasonable price. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
John

That's a good rice IMO. Definately have it shipped to your rigger, if they won't do that, have them have their rigger fill out an inspection report in writing that includes all comments and noted line lengths as measured in insp. Sometimes you might be 100 jumps away from a reline at 200, but that would still not be a bad price and you can probably get a small discount with negotiations anyway. I would go for it if I was in the market for a used 190 spectre. I jump a spectre 150 wingsuit 100% all jumps now and love the canopy - on heading, docile and can sink it in to a backyard if need be. Rear riser it and you will have roughly 90% of the glide of many a 9 cell...

Rear riser it and you will have roughly 90% of the glide of many a 9 cell...

From PD web site.

Straight Flight at full Glide: The Spectre flies at about the same airspeed as other canopies such as the original Sabre, the Sabre2, and the Stiletto. many jumpers do not expect a seven-cell canopy to glide as far as a comparable nine-cell, but at full glide the Spectre actually has a slightly flatter glide angle than some nine-cell canopies, including both the original Sabre and the Sabre2.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Have to say I love my spectre and is by far the nicest canopy I've ever jumped and by far best openings (in my opinion). However trying to find a 135 at the mo and can find one for sale!! (looking to sell my Spectre 150too) anyone know of any going?? and will to ship to UK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large Groups!!

There's a lovely classifieds section on this site. Wanted ads are free and that's how I found my canopy. If you haven't posted one yet, I'd recommend it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I was looking into Spectre when I was on a 170. I found the following two offers (Spectres were REALLY hard to find when I was looking).

02' 170 w/ "about 500" jumps - asking $1100
01' 170 w/ "about 650" jumps, new lines at 550 jumps, asking $1000

This was about a year ago. I did not find an ad listing for either. I placed a "wanted" ad and these were the only two offers for Spectres that people replied with after waiting for replies for about 2 weeks. I ended up with a Triathlon due to cost issues.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

Have to say I love my spectre and is by far the nicest canopy I've ever jumped and by far best openings (in my opinion). However trying to find a 135 at the mo and can find one for sale!! (looking to sell my Spectre 150too) anyone know of any going?? and will to ship to UK.

There are quite a few spectre 135s on the classified section of this site.

Cheers,
Travis

I was looking for a Spectre 150 a few months ago. It was only a couple hundred bucks different between used and new, so seemed rather pointless to me to buy a canopy with several hundred jumps when I could get a shiny new one instead.

I'm glad I did it that way.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda