Slowfaller

Day 8 with Chantix

My Doctor did prescribe me Chantix and I've been following it for the past 8 days and here are my thoughts.

After 8 days I'm still smoking but barely. Around day 5 cigs started tasting weird then bad now gross. The last pack I purchased was on Monday morning, 5/5 9am, and that pack lasted until Thursday morning, 5/8 3am. I'll probably plan on buying a pack this morning at 9am on my way home from work but don't feel like I need to, it's hard to describe.

Side effects.
So far they haven't been bad at all. I make sure to take my pill on a full stomach and with a full glass of water and there hasn't been any nausea. Dreams have been a little strange but nothing like being on the patch. Some are a little nightmarish but whatever I can handle it. Depression also hasn't been a problem even with my history, Chantix is the only med I'm on right now.

One odd thing I've noticed is I don't have a want to drink. On cinco de mayo a friend came over and usually we'll split 8 beers or so but I drank 1 1/2 and just didn't want to finish my second. Not a bad thing obviously.

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

Edit: Oh and it was $76 for a 5 week supply using my insurance (I think they covered some of it).

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

A four week supply is usually about $146. For all that, it's still cheaper than smoking.

Glad you're doing well. You'll probably find that most of the desire to smoke occurs right before you're due to take the next pill. At least, that's when I always had a problem--morning and evening.

Keep it going. Smoking sucks.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I just finished my first packet of patches and have not smoked in 7 days.

I just cant be assed smoking anymore. I really dont feel like a smoke and have gone 24 hours without a patch or the urge for a smoke. I am turning 30 and really dont want to enter my 30s smoking.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store