riddler

Funny kid stories #2

My 21-month old is at that age where she runs around a lot and hurts herself. No big deal - I ask her if she wants me to kiss it, and that helps a little. She knows sign language too, so she knows the ASL sign for kiss. She gets more clutzy and irritable at night when she's tired, and then every little boo-boo becomes a crisis.

I put her to bed every night, and she's just big enough to start crawling up into bed with me. Except one night, she was tired and unbalanced, and fell onto her butt from almost a standing position. This is normally not a big deal, and she gets up right away, but since it was bedtime and she was tired, she made a fuss as I soothed her.

After I lay her down in the bed, I asked her where she hurt herself, and she pointed to her butt. Then she makes the sign for "kiss" and points to her butt again :D I laughed and told her I'm not kissing her butt, but she started to get insistent. Well, I'm thinking she pretty much is the princess, she already runs the household, and I kiss her butt figuratively every day anyway. How hard could it be? But I guess I couldn't bring myself to do it, so I promised her that I would kiss her 10 times for not kissing her butt. I guess that helped, because she was asleep before I was done ;)
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD