ifell

Skiing South America

Any big mountain skiiers around here? I am looking to head down way south next summer (mid june) for some skiing in the Andes. I was wondering if anyone here has been there (for skiing) or perhaps even lives there and could give me some first hand knowledge about the region (best places to ski, stay, party... all that stuff).

The reason I am asking now is that I got an email today from CASA Tours saying I could put a small payment down for next year and pay 2008 prices and since I was planning that trip anyway...

So anyway I thought I would ask around before booking something. Thanks!

I've heard a lot of good things about Bariloche Argentina as well. Good mountains and GREAT wine.

I've got some friends out that way, if you've got any specific questions just shoot me a PM and I'll do some digging for you.
I got nuthin

I actually read you were living down there in another post today and was going to pm regardless... I was just fishing for some info before I did. You will be hearing from me soon and thanks for the tip marcandalysse, I take it this is some place you have been? Steep & deep out there?