Misslmperfect

DC in november

headed to DC Nov. 7-10th for the Genocide Intervention Network/STAND student conference. My days will be full of conference related events, but my nights will be free. I know most of the touristy stuff (tours, museums, etc) will be closed, but I'm definitely looking for suggestions for (cheap) restaurants, bars, scenic stuff that you can see regardless of time, etc. i've heard the monuments and statues are beautiful at night! its my first time there, so i'm really excited!

any thoughts?

PS: is public transportation as confusing as i've heard it is?
Oh Canada, merci pour la livraison!

I spent about a week in DC.

If youre into health food, check out "Just Fresh"
919 18th St NW
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 822-4960‎

Salads, etc, was really good.

If it's Pizza, check out Bertuccis. Chinatown has some cool stuff. Quite a few tourist trap bars around that town.

Edit: It's a short a drive to VA, but, you'll want to check out Arlington, Iwo Jima statue, and certainly the Vietnam Memorial (breathtaking) (near Lincoln Memorial --which is insanely beautiful at night)

Jefferson memorial is equally beautiful at night.

Only been to D.C. one time but the transportation system was not that hard to figure out. IMHO the monuments at night are worth seeing more than the monuments during the day. Enjoy.
The strong can always afford to be gentle, It is only the weak who need to "give as good as they get."

Locals might tell you differently, but I've always thought the Metro was the BOMB. It goes everywhere and is really easy to use.

Big heads up: if you're out at night, be aware that the Metro stops running at midnight (IIRC). Sucks to be stuck far from home late at night.

Elvisio "would love to live by a Metro stop" Rodriguez