Brian425

Preparing for layoffs.

So next week will be the 7th round of layoffs at my friendly Int'l Investment Bank. (I work for an international investment bank that went bankrupt and was taken over by another bank) We are planning to have all the people are laid off meet up for drinks at 8:00 AM on Friday 10/31/08.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/roundup/43307

I am voting on Jeremy's

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

I remember some of the footage from CNN from the Enron nightmare and it showed people going to work who obviously knew it was their last day. One guy was walking in wheeling a keg on a dolly with a stack of plastic cups.

That's what you should do. Skip the bar and bring the bar to your (now former) workplace. What are they going to do, fire you?

Elvisio "one hell of a last day" Rodriguez

Unlike Enron, some people will be staying on to work with the Investment Bank that bought us. I doubt that they would allow us to bring a keg.

The Monday after the initial bankruptcy there were some people that were drinking in the office.

We should have the news this week. Today we are going to BLT Burgers for burgers and spiked milkshakes. I am going to try Grandma's Treat. Makers Mark, caramel syrup and vanila ice cream. sounds yummy. Maybe I will skip the burgers. :ph34r:

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

So next week will be the 7th round of layoffs at my friendly Int'l Investment Bank. (I work for an international investment bank that went bankrupt and was taken over by another bank) We are planning to have all the people are laid off meet up for drinks at 8:00 AM on Friday 10/31/08.

http://newyork.citysearch.com/roundup/43307

I am voting on Jeremy's

What happened to the CEO? Fired? Golden parachute?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Welcome to the club 300 jobs outsourced. another 150 lost.

TAMPA - JPMorgan Chase said Friday it plans to lay off 300 people from its Seffner Treasury and Securities Services campus and shift the work to offices in the Philippines and India.

Such "off-shoring" of work is one of three layoff notices the New York-based bank revealed this week.

The company notified the 300 employees Thursday. They work in a variety of jobs but generally assist in the transfer of money around the world, Norris said. Salaries vary, but a typical salary for affected employees is $35,000 to $40,000.

Yep. There's a $10,000,000 stab in the back.

Oh yeah, Manila. There's a hotbed of international banking knowledge. :S

Imagine your savings account and credit card numbers... in the hands of someone who makes $1.85 an hour.

One director told me just before she left for Hong Kong, "An international banker has no country."