DSE

Re: [chrismgtis] Bear Grylls water landing

Uh sorry to say but to realize it's a TV show. Who in their right mind except an idiot would carry their camera around themselves. I know that one other guy does it sometimes (but don't kid yourself he isn't really alone, almost ever - that is a fact).

If by "other guy" you mean Les Stroud/Survivorman, when he is doing the wilderness shots, he is indeed, alone for 3-5 days at a crack. Les is the real deal, regardless of any rumor, half-truth, whatever you may have heard abou him. He started his adulthood as a survival instructor, cameraman on the side, and with his cousin, developed what you now see as "Survivorman."
My company is part of the "Survivorman" support team.

I'm glad someone else is seeing the same thing I'm seeing. from watching both shows i'ts quite clear to me that les had a camera crew at the start. and again at the end when he is picked up. but during the survival middle part he is all alone. the shots are all tripod, hand held, or from a hand held pole cam. and that makes everything that much more difficult.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

yeah i guess I didn't phrase that right. i was trying to say I'm glad to see someone " in the know " confirms what I thought. that les IS alone for several days at a time. setting up all the shots filming himself and doing all the survival things too. unlike that "other guy"
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .