DougH

Should I buy a Wii for a family Christmas present?

So does any one think a Wii would be a good family gift for my girlfriends two girls, ages 5 and 10?

I noticed that a few were in stock at my local walmart, and that would eliminate my need to shop for a bunch of small stuff for them. B|
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Its a good game console that is fun for family and friends to play together. More interactive as well. Every time I go to my parents house we all play. My mom bought one after she played with my cousin's when they were visiting family. She is addicted and can pretty much kick my ass in bowling.:D

The only problem with the Wii is most of the games a SHITE!

Take a look at game reviews on gamespot.com for the wii, the average score is about 5 out of 10. You've got to sift through a lot of crap to find something decent to play but when you do they can be a lot of fun
It's not the speed that kills ya, it's the sudden stops!

For the age , definitly, but wait on the walmart thing, check out a local EA games or Gamespot, they have the console with one controller , one numchuck, and one game for 250, that means buy one more controller and numchuck then they both can play. I love the Wii, its really neat cause old school nintendo games can be bought for 5 bucks and downloaded onto the console...Duck hunt is awesome even after all these years :D

I buy big gifts for the family, all the small stuff gets ruined or tossed in a pile, big gifts are the way to go, this year we are taking the kids to swim with beluga whales at seaworld and getting them season passes, other then that no gifts except stocking stuffers.

Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this