Gato

Christmas Trip to East Texas - Jumping?

My wife and I will be headed for a tiny-ass town called Sulphur Bluff, which is about 85 miles east of Dallas. We have some land down there, and that's where my mom's family is from. Big fun.

I'm not sure when we're leaving, but I'm definitely going to try to get some jumps in at Skydive Dallas, since it's only about an hour away from my parents' house. I'm thinking it will be the friday and/or saturday after Christmas, but maybe the weekend before, as well.

It will likely be my first off-home DZ jump, as well as my first time jumping from a turbine, so I'll likely be bringing a case or two of select malted barley pop with me.

Any Skydive Dallas folks out there willing to jump with a 42-year-old noob bearing gifts?

I am a native Texan, by the way. B|
T.I.N.S.

Cum take a dive at Skydive 35, at Hillsboro just south of Dallas where the I35 W and E meet. Great little DZ, nice folks, big open landing area. Open Sat and Sun.

AND we have a Grand Caravan to 13,500...:)
I plan to be there the Sat before and after Christmas; it would be good to meet you!B|

'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

Hey - thanks for the invitation! I just might do that - I'll shoot you a PM if it looks like I'll be there for Saturday or Sunday.

We might actually get to jump this weekend - temps above 40 degrees!!

Yahoo!! - it's a fuckin' Missouri heatwave! :S

T.I.N.S.

Saturday forecast is upper 60's:)
Sunday looks sweet at 5mph and sun, but a bit cooler around 60...

2morrow is 74, but that don't help much!

Merry Christmas! B|

'To fly is heaven, to freefall is divine'

'You only need 2 tools. WD40 for when it doesn't move but should, and duct tape for when it moves but shouldn't'

Looks like my wife (GatosKitten) and I will be heading down on New Year's Eve, and we're staying in-town until then.

It's gonna be a ball, however - my family lives in a dry county, so we're taking a bunch of alcohol and fireworks for the New Year celebration, and I'll make some jumps next Saturday and/or Sunday. Not sure if I'll end up at Skydive Dallas or Skydive 35 yet, but I'll let you know.

Merry Christmas everybody!
T.I.N.S.