skymama

Truvia

Stevia's been around for a long time (mostly in health food stores, I think I bought some at Trader Joe's). I always thought it had a bit of a strange taste. I'll stick with Splenda.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I use stevia all the time. I think it's a bit sweeter than sugar. My local chain store carries it now in the natural foods (alternative/organic) area. It's great for diabetics.

Agave nectar is good, too. It's becoming easier to find, but it's a liquid and is more expensive.

If you just want to try the stevia, I recommend buying a small box of packets (cup of coffee sized portions). It's cheap, so if you don't like it there's not too much loss. I use Stevia In The Raw. steviaextractintheraw.com
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." ~Catherine Aird

Stevia's been around for a long time (mostly in health food stores, I think I bought some at Trader Joe's). I always thought it had a bit of a strange taste. I'll stick with Splenda.

+1

I tried Stevia a few years ago and did not like the taste at all. It had an aftertaste like Sweet 'n Low. Not having tried Truvia, I can't offer an opinion - maybe they did something to improve the flavor over straight old stevia.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.