theonlyski

Military people...

I suppose thats the difference with the submarine i'm on and the royal navy in particular, they encourage it quite a lot and tend to run a lot of courses with a lot of discount.

What rig are yuo after, i am just in the process of oredering my first within the next couple of days
If in doubt, whip it out...

well, im about to go on a deployment

but, ill be getting a mirage g3 (im going to call on monday to see if i can get the DRX on it)

and a sabre2 190 to start with, and a 190 reserve w/cypres.

but i have some time... luckly enough, i can pay cash for it all with my deployment money
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Me too, well maybe i wouldn't call mine a deployment but we are away for 4 months which helps pay for the rig.
Mirage's look cool, I'm pretty certain now i want an Icon but still am considering a vector 3. I already have a canopy (spectre 150) but was thinking of selling it and getting a Sabre 2 170 or maybe a Safire 2 170.

wherever you go... dont forget to ask for a military discount...

not sure if they would give it to you seeing as you're from the uk, but they might.... and i know mirages' discount is quite a big dent in the price
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

well, im about to go on a deployment

but, ill be getting a mirage g3 (im going to call on monday to see if i can get the DRX on it)

and a sabre2 190 to start with, and a 190 reserve w/cypres.

but i have some time... luckly enough, i can pay cash for it all with my deployment money

Be carefull with that. I bought a S2 190, put 8 jumps on it and traded for a S2 170 and love it. All Im saying is DEMO DEMO DEMO!

If you're ever in the Ogden/SLC area shoot me a PM and Ill show you a fun jumping time at a couple of different dz's.
Muff #5048

well, im on a borrowed sentry 210 right now

i did try a 190 for 5 jumps... landings kicked my ass!!! didnt have one stand up, nor soft landing out of them!

so, i was going to find a cheap 190, then downsize once i felt competent with that one...

and ill hold you to that. i love finding new dz's to jump at, i have 33 jumps, and 4 diffrent dz's.

I quickly downsized due to being a skinny git, i started off by doing 1 jump on a 280, did a lot on a 240, then a few on a 7 cell 210, then jumped a sabre 2 190 which was a lot faster than i expected at my wingloading! I have only just recently started jumping my spectre 150 but was considering going back to a Sabre 2. I would'nt feel confident yet to fly a 150 sabre 2 so would probably get a 170 at which i'd be loading quite a bit lighter.

Cool. If you need a canopy when you get back Ill let you use my S2 170 for a bit. Im looking into buying a Vengeance here shortly from someone so I can let you use my S2 when you get back.

well, hell if your looking at selling it in a few months, i might just buy it and keep it in my closet untill i feel ready to jump it

Cool. If you need a canopy when you get back Ill let you use my S2 170 for a bit. Im looking into buying a Vengeance here shortly from someone so I can let you use my S2 when you get back.

well, hell if your looking at selling it in a few months, i might just buy it and keep it in my closet untill i feel ready to jump it

Might be on the menu, but I'm trying to get 2 rigs. If you need something to get you in the air I have no problem loaning it to you, but Im not sure I want to part with the S2 yet. I will tell you it is a sweet canopy with plenty of flare. And if it is somethig you need to get in the air then I guess I could sell it.

I have always been of the opinion that if you can help out another skydiver in need then you should. So if you need a rig then I may be able to help you out.
Muff #5048

Might be on the menu, but I'm trying to get 2 rigs. If you need something to get you in the air I have no problem loaning it to you, but Im not sure I want to part with the S2 yet. I will tell you it is a sweet canopy with plenty of flare. And if it is somethig you need to get in the air then I guess I could sell it.

I have always been of the opinion that if you can help out another skydiver in need then you should. So if you need a rig then I may be able to help you out.

see, im the same way!

hopefully i wont need the whole rig, just the main canopy... im looking at buying the rest new.

and if you dont want to part with it yet, thats fine, but im going to be looking really deep into getting one here in about 6 months... so, if you decide by then you want to get rid of it, let me know!

see, im the same way!

hopefully i wont need the whole rig, just the main canopy... im looking at buying the rest new.

and if you dont want to part with it yet, thats fine, but im going to be looking really deep into getting one here in about 6 months... so, if you decide by then you want to get rid of it, let me know!

Oh no problem. If you want to use my main I have no problem loaning to you. I'm in a position now where Im looking for a 150, but if that isnt possible I want to hang on to my S2 170. BTW, they do tend to want to dive a little.

If I can get a good S2 150 then Ill let go of the 170 for a song and you will be the first to know.
Muff #5048

If I can get a good S2 150 then Ill let go of the 170 for a song and you will be the first to know.

sweeeeeeeeeetttttttt!

sweeeeeeeeeetttttttt!

Did I mention that they like to stay in a dive? As long as you dont do some stupid shit like toggle-whip low to the ground you should be ok on it.
Muff #5048

nah, ill take it easy at first, untill i learn it...

and i WILL be jumping a s2 190 for a bit before even trying the 170... just to learn it and get comfortable with it before i go down to a 1:1 loading on it

Ok, so, anybody thats in the military has had this come up atleast once:

What do YOU say when people thank you for doing what you're doing... for being in the military, or depoying??

Im not the best at accepting thanks or gifts in the first place... and I have absolutely no clue what an appropriate responce is.

I simply say "you're welcome sir/m'am and thank you for supporting the troops,we really appreciate it."
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

its just akward for me... i never really know what to say with them... but ive got a few ideas from the guys on here...

ive never been good at people thanking me or giving me gifts, im not used to it i guess

I had a friend have a chop due to burrying a toggle, got herself into twists. Sabre 2's are nice canopies but can bite you in the ass if your not carefull [:/]

See my post on toggle-whipping. Its a wing and must be treated as such. Aggressive inputs=agressive turns. BTW, do you know anyone with a Vengeance 150/170?
Muff #5048

i'll have a look at that thread, and sorry no, it was a vengeance 107. I didn't think they made the vegeance in a size 170 but i might be wrong i don't know a lot about hp canopies...i fly a spectre:S

Thanks just the same. BTW, the Vengeance was made in a 170, but Im looking for a 150 so if you know anyone....
Muff #5048