gulaz

Hawaii Dropzones

My family is going to Hawaii in August for 2 weeks, and they told me I can have a free plane ticket. There are two dropzones there, according to the listings here. I want a dz.commer perspective of the dropzones. If you have visited either/both, (Pacific Skydiving Center/Skydive Hawaii), post your experience. Looking at their websites, they dont seem too fun-jump oriented (makes sense, hawaii = lots of tourists).

Thanks

If your talking about Dillingham field.

The winds and rotor's can be challenging on landing get a good brief on where to land.

BTW the one time we were there for a boogie, there was a real nice glider operation for the tourists at the airport. The back seat is built for two and there's a cliff close to the airport so the gliders can get lots of lift and stay up as long as you want to pay.

Check out the DZ if you don't like the vibes take someone with you for a glider ride.

R.I.P.

Well Luke first of all 'are you real'? :P:D

...if you are, then yes it's no secret that it's the tandems/tourists who keep two King Airs on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii flying.

The staff and jumpers at both DZ's are friendly. It really seems that it's the owners of both dropzones who share the same market and landing area who can't get along and tend to spread the bad vibes.

Best advice.....try both. Waiver and gear check at both DZs and float back and forth to a load call/vibe that suits you best. If you get a bad vibe at one DZ then walk 40yds down and jump at the next. B|

As slug said the winds can be a bit bumpy this time of year but as long as you listen to the locals and keep a heads up under canpoy you can have a great trip and all around experience.

Hope to see you out here.

aloha.