sittinpretty

A broader perspective

I posted this last night in the women's forum, but only got a few responses. This is really a hard decision. Facts tell me one thing, stigma tells me another. From what the facts state it would seem I MUST have already been with someone who has herpes and didn't even know it! Is this all really just a big nothing or something to run the other way from? (And for the record, he's not a skydiver and as far as I know doesn't know about this site.)

Here's my other post:
I just met a guy.... we've only gone on a few dates, but he seems super neat and I like him. Well, last night he confessed to me that he has herpes. I'm not quite sure what to think. He asked me to research it and gave me some links to some sites. He stressed that it's really not that bad of a thing and that the worst part of having it is the stigma. And from what I read, that's true. But the stigma IS really bad and what if I get it and things don't work out?

Has anyone here ever dated someone with herpes? Anyone here have it and have some input for me? Please PM me if you're not comfortable posting. How common is this? I have heard 1 in 4, I have heard more than that, but this is the first time I've ever met someone who actually has it.

Would love some advice, guidance, etc. Help!