jf951

Santa came early, and boy oh boy did he bring goodies!!!

how many of you know that nearly irresistible ear to ear grin you get when your new rig shows up. no matter how hard you try it can be whipped off your face. its beyond words, i truly hope all of you have felt that bliss at some point, its a feeling that cannot be match by anything else.

i got to my DZ the other day and hurd from another jumper "rumor has it theres something good for you in the back"...moments later i walked back into the main hanger with a white "sport-tek by port authority" box covered in clear packing tape, the only way the best presents arrive. inside contained what would be the begining of a glorious relationship ;););)(ok maybe i got a little carried away, but still...true love)

Javelin J1KS C17
cut in lats.
stainless steel hardware
RSL
quilted back pad
pillow cutaway and reserve.

Spectre 150 (krispy white lines)

Cypres 2 (8yrs left)

PDR 143. (no rides and merely a hand full of repacks)

bought in impeccable condition
sub 100 jumps
im a very happy camper

(purchased on yours truely: DZ.com by a very honest and profesional skydiver in FL at a more than reasonable price. Stay loyal people!)

photos to come!

Joey
Jump more, Bitch less.

Are you really going from a 190 main with a 200+ reserve to a 150 main a sub-150 reserve?

If the numbers in your profile are correct that pust you at 1.33 on the main and 1.4 on your resreve. These are both very aggressive choices, and most would reccomend closer to 300 jumps for the wing loading on a 150. Proceed with caution.

I'm sure that everyone around you told you it would fine and great and OK, but keep in mind that they are not the ones who have to jump it, and that you're dealing with a very small cross section of jumpers at your DZ. The ideas surrounding wing loading and canopy sizing were obtained looking at jumpers all over the country for about a 10 year period.

how many of you know that nearly irresistible ear to ear grin you get when your new rig shows up. no matter how hard you try it can be whipped off your face. its beyond words, i truly hope all of you have felt that bliss at some point, its a feeling that cannot be match by anything else.

i got to my DZ the other day and hurd from another jumper "rumor has it theres something good for you in the back"...moments later i walked back into the main hanger with a white "sport-tek by port authority" box covered in clear packing tape, the only way the best presents arrive. inside contained what would be the begining of a glorious relationship ;););)(ok maybe i got a little carried away, but still...true love)

Javelin J1KS C17
cut in lats.
stainless steel hardware
RSL
quilted back pad
pillow cutaway and reserve.

Spectre 150 (krispy white lines)

Cypres 2 (8yrs left)

PDR 143. (no rides and merely a hand full of repacks)

bought in impeccable condition
sub 100 jumps
im a very happy camper

(purchased on yours truely: DZ.com by a very honest and profesional skydiver in FL at a more than reasonable price. Stay loyal people!)

photos to come!

Joey

Pics or it didn't happen

i appreciate the concern. i spent a while flying a 170 before i bought this rig. i know its going to be a jump but i know to use caution, i come from a background of other "extreme" sports and i know first hand that if you think ur hot shit before you actually are it'll come back and bite you, HARD...im not planning on throwing a toggle hook or a low turn at few hundred feet, just gonna take it nice and easy =]
Jump more, Bitch less.

i appreciate the concern. i spent a while flying a 170 before i bought this rig. i know its going to be a jump but i know to use caution, i come from a background of other "extreme" sports and i know first hand that if you think ur hot shit before you actually are it'll come back and bite you, HARD...im not planning on throwing a toggle hook or a low turn at few hundred feet, just gonna take it nice and easy =]

Just quoting it for later.

:D at least you guys care! aww!

No matter what kind of assholes come across on here, it is usually just due to the fact that no one wants to see you plaster yourself across the ground.
There have been several "I am fine, I have skills, etc" posts that are referenced from fatality posts in the near future. I'm not saying that is your attitude here though. Be careful. Have fun. Don't die.B|

Just quoting it for later.

It's a Spectre, ffs. :D
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams