fendor1369

Eloy, AZ

I will be there 14Feb to 28Feb. I am going there for a military PPT(parachute proficiency training) during the week. I will be jumping at the civilian DZ on the weekends.

Who is in that area? How much is rental gear? I have not decided if I am going to try to bring a rig through the airports yet.

Blue skys
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"

If you will be doing your PPT in Eloy, you will be on the civilian DZ. If your PPT is elsewhere then I would still recommend you bring your own rig as renting gets to be a hassle and it's not that big a deal to bring your own gear.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I know that state side airports are cool with parachutes, but I am coming from Sicily, IT. I am not sure how they are going to take me bring a rig on the plane.

But if gear rental is a hassle then I may just deal with the airports.

And yes the PPT will be right there at Eloy.
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"

I know that state side airports are cool with parachutes, but I am coming from Sicily, IT. I am not sure how they are going to take me bring a rig on the plane.

Dont stress about the rig on planes, if it meets the size requirments you should be fine, I have flown all over the place with my rig as cabin baggage with no issues.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This is an easy one, you have two options.

1. Check you rig (put it in your luggage) and you don't have to worry about carrying it on the plane.

2. Pack it with the rest of your Mil kit that you're sending over for the PPT.

It's really not that big of a deal. Lots of Europeans came over for the Holiday boogie and they brought their rigs no problem and from the ones I've talked to since then, they returned home no problems due to having a rig.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

... and I've problems (with Ryanair>:() when trying to take my rig as carry-on - It depends a lot on the No-Mark 'Security' monkey.... or because I was travelling with Billy (Woodpecker) - I TOLD him to tell everyone that he is Canadian - but he wont listen:P

So, as LD said above, I check it in, (in a hard case) and hope that it arrives at the same airport and at the same time as me.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

... and I've problems (with Ryanair>:() .

Well that's easy fixed dont fly bloody Ryan Air, they SUCK:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Good point and well made mate but it's hard to get to Emp' without these scum sucking leaches:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome