hcsvader

Fuuuuuck!!!

Finally got laid off yesterday. Still waiting to see what exactly we will be getting for severance. Being that this project is behind schedule and the company has been paying a $25,000 a day late penalty for 3 months I have a feeling our completion bonuses are no longer as good as they once were.

I am so glad this project is done. Its been a hell of a year and a half struggling with major engineering fuck-ups, but it's also been an awesome experience. It's not to often you get the opportunity to build the biggest piece of mobile equipment in north america. I will try and get some pics of the dragline when I go and pick up my tools next week. Its a pretty amazing machine.

I should be looking at retiring for the rest of the year. Sounds like a pretty good option to me but for some stupid reason I just bid on another job in northern alberta working 20 days on and 8 days off for a few months. I guess I might as well keep working until june when the DZ is open full time and the weather is nice. Hanging around edmonton when the weather is crap is just depressing.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)