gusto77

Low carb diets and strenuous exercise

I don't know, but I do know that my doctor gave me an earful about Atkins when I was a dancer in college. "Atkins is NOT for athletes!". Her specialty was sports medicine, so I figured she'd know. So, I didn't cut carbs, I just made sure they were healthier carbs, not bread and pasta and stuff.

I searched on pubmed without success. Perhaps w/ more time I could try more search parameters.

One advantage of carbs is that they make sure your glycogen stores are topped off. Each molecule of glycogen is stored with four molecules of water.

It is difficult but not impossible to have your glycogen stores topped off on a low-carb diet.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

strenuous exercise like what?? cadio only?? weight training ??
either way your muscles are going to be wilted shit....if you don't give a shit about your muscle mass then.

even a strict cutting diet in weight training you take carbs..
im working around a 500 calorie defecit and my macros look like this typical for a day

60g fat (mainly poly-unsaturated and mono-unsaturated)
90g carbs (oatmeal brown rice and low glycemic in. vegies)
270g protein (whey iso. and lean protein like chicken fish)
total K cals for the day around 2000-2100 around 1800 now due to losing almost 20lb in about 5 weeks

split up into six meals, carbs are all post work out and 1/2cup oatmeal first meal in the am..

started out around 190ish 21-22% body fat.. coming off of a year and a half injury down time. top of my game diving pre injury i was around 200lb and 15%bf... been hard work to get rid of a year and a half of partying and being depressed and shit but unfortunately losing the body fat is the easy part.. getting my mass back is going to be the task..

currently lingering around 16-17% bf and 169lb i suspect i will be around 15% when i hit 160 sometime next 2 weeks tops then start building back up to 190ish from there strength is coming back bigtime and im even getting stronger in some muscle groups.....

dont sacrifice your muscle to lose fat its not necessary bro...and not worth it in my opinion cause its a lot harder to build muscle than lose fat plain and simple big muscles burn more fat than wilted malnourished ones

peace....get your fucking lift on and get that diet in check
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

strenuous exercise like what?? cadio only?? weight training ??
either way your muscles are going to be wilted shit....if you don't give a shit about your muscle mass then...even a strict cutting diet in weight training you take carbs..im working around a 500 calorie defecit and my macros look like this typical for a day

60g fat (mainly poly-unsaturated and mono-unsaturated)
90g carbs (oatmeal brown rice and low glycemic in. vegies)
270g protein (whey iso. and lean protein like chicken fish)
total K cals for the day around 2000-2100 around 1800 now due to losing almost 20lb in about 5 weeks

14% fat
21% carbs
65% protein

Congrats, it's a low carb diet. Sorry to hear about your 'wilted shit' muscles. :P

dont sacrifice your muscle to lose fat its not necessary bro...and not worth it in my opinion cause its a lot harder to build muscle than lose fat plain and simple big muscles burn more fat than wilted malnourished ones

You can lift on a low-carb diet - you're doing it yourself. In point of fact, you're on lower carbs than the intro phase of atkins, much less the loss or maintenance phases.

OP - you *can* "hit the wall" easier than on a higher carb diet. Plan against the possibility and have something on hand for it, just in case, like a power bar.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

LOL fishboy is far from wilted mike little skinnier than usual (a lot actually haven't been this light in years) but still got energy for days and i'm not losing much strength on the cut, like i said im gaining..just priming up i will be back to size just wanted to start off lean from the bottom....i would of blown up with water weight lifting heavy with that much BF on me....

I figured he meant smashing carbs out ... i've seen people get rowdy with low carb and just fall apart and fail miserably hungry and weak...

any how i'm no expert or anything but that's what i'm running and for what it's worth i'm not lacking strength or muscle...
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell