tsalnukt

snowboard bindings and boots

Hi there. I'm gonna get back into riding after a 15 year layoff and I need some advice on gear. I can get a really heavy discount on Burton stuff so I'm gonna get burton. What are the best bindings and boots for an intermediate rider? Thanks for any and all your help

Like everything it is based on amount of time you are going to put into the sport and also what fits you the best.

When you go to try on boots make sure you walk in the store in them for 30 minutes to an hour. So basically plan a full afternoon around buying boots. Most important part of a skier/snowboarders gear are the boots. Then Gloves, then thermals, then goggles, then outter wear. I spent yrs on the slopes 8-10 per day and trust me that boots are the key to a happy day.

Bindings, well many will say to get the top notch pair out on the market. Depends on if you want a step in system or straps. They both have pros and cons.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The best board/boots/bindings are any piece of driftwood you find in the street over Burton. But with a discount you'll be dissapointed less than if you paid full price. Anything that involves Burton working in fabric is awesome however.
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

The best board/boots/bindings are any piece of driftwood you find in the street over Burton. But with a discount you'll be dissapointed less than if you paid full price. Anything that involves Burton working in fabric is awesome however.

Every company has its pros and cons with gear no matter what sport. One day when you get 100-150 days on the same gear times multiple yrs in all temps, weather and snow conditions then you can make statements like yours. Maybe you just need improve your snowboarding skills before you start blaming a specific company for you lack of skills saying their boards and gear suck minus clothing. I also bet you carry your board like a damn purse, talks a good game about yrs in the sport and only gets 1 week a season.:S

Next time point the problems with the gear and let others make an educated choice when purchasing gear.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Every company has its pros and cons with gear no matter what sport. One day when you get 100-150 days on the same gear times multiple yrs in all temps, weather and snow conditions then you can make statements like yours. Maybe you just need improve your snowboarding skills before you start blaming a specific company for you lack of skills saying their boards and gear suck minus clothing. I also bet you carry your board like a damn purse, talks a good game about yrs in the sport and only gets 1 week a season.:S

Next time point the problems with the gear and let others make an educated choice when purchasing gear.

I was a snowboard instructor for 11 years out of the 17 I have been snowboarding. I was nationally certified. I deem myself qualified. As for Burton. Their hardware is cheaply constructed. It comes with being the big dog in the small park and trying to pump out the hottest thing. Burton snowboards blow out edges like they are put in with Elmer's glue. Their Bases are so soft that a semi hard piece of ice will put a gouge the size of the Grand Canyon the length of your board. As for the bindings, their construction is shoddy at best. Cheap materials and mass production has made them pathetic. As for the boots I will give in and just say it is a matter of personal preference. I have had two pair and just wouldn't ever trust them with my money to sell me something that will last more than half a season. On top of it all they will not as a company warranty any of their products. Once you get it out of the shop anything that could go wrong is your fault. They have gotten too big to be the same great company they started out as.

Is that in depth enough for you or do you want more?
It's time for my nightly ritual: Pleasure myself, weep, and repeat.

I was a snowboard instructor for 11 years out of the 17 I have been snowboarding. I was nationally certified. I deem myself qualified. As for Burton. Their hardware is cheaply constructed. It comes with being the big dog in the small park and trying to pump out the hottest thing. Burton snowboards blow out edges like they are put in with Elmer's glue. Their Bases are so soft that a semi hard piece of ice will put a gouge the size of the Grand Canyon the length of your board. As for the bindings, their construction is shoddy at best. Cheap materials and mass production has made them pathetic. As for the boots I will give in and just say it is a matter of personal preference. I have had two pair and just wouldn't ever trust them with my money to sell me something that will last more than half a season. On top of it all they will not as a company warranty any of their products. Once you get it out of the shop anything that could go wrong is your fault. They have gotten too big to be the same great company they started out as.

Is that in depth enough for you or do you want more?

Bull shit.

Burton make a huge range of poducts and the cheaper stuff is made with less expensive materials, the middle stuff is made with better materials an the top stuff has a nicer/more hip picture.

If you get a burton custom etc then you will get a great snowboard.

Get last years at sale price rather than next years at a premium.

If you buy a lesser model you get a lesser product.

I do not 'ever' buy a new stick but highly reccomend new boots and bindings.

You can buy 2 or 3 second hand boards in great condition for the same price of a new one, who cares if it is last years or 3 years ago model if it was ridden by an instuctor, it probably never went of piste anyway:P.

I would recommend burton mission EST bindings with the toe cup and burton ion boots. You can get plenty of life out of boots and bindings but if you ride hard and not in the learners area all day, ANY board can blow and edge if you hit a sharprock at speed during a turn.

If you have a sintered base and sandwich constuction then you have a good stick. It depends on what style of riding and where you ride as to how stiff or what shape core you will like.

I am also a quaified snowboard instuctor, but simply hated that job, unlike skydiving any kook can be a snowboarding instuctor, not saying you are a kook, but the insrtructor fraternity here in New Zealand are a bunch of kooks.

They ride like they have a carrot up thier ass.:D
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix