jrmrangers

bsbd tee shirts?

There was a batch on E-Bay a few months back. I haven't seen them, since. That guy looks so familiar...

:ph34r:;)~Damn, that guy DOES look familiar!

The guy who originally designed and made them 25 some years ago came into a thread and offered to make another run for basically the cost and shipping...I doubt if little or any profit was turned.

I ordered a few when he made the run...it was about 3-4 years ago. All came quickly and were of MUCH better quality than expected for the price, better even that the original one I bought at Perris so long ago! B|

When wearing mine, I've had long time jumpers ask about getting a copy, but when I emailed the artist I received no response. Got a feeling his one-time run 3 0r 4 years ago was just that...I think the ones on Ebay are remaining inventory from that run, that I think the artist's brother is liquidating.

The designer is in Europe, his brother in the US shipped me mine from the states, back when I ordered them.

Nice shirt and a real piece of skydiving 'history' so to speak, that being said...I was asked to change shirts at a small DZ a few years back.

I was told that's not the politically correct image of skydiving today and not something they felt students should be exposed to. :o:$

They did GIVE me another cool shirt to change into, and I did get a laugh realizing where the sport has gone...now there is a DRESS CODE! :D

~A couple years ago I gave a talk on demo safety at the PIA convention...wearing that shirt. >:(
Fortunately most people know my dry sense of humor and 'got the ironic jab' so to speak. :$B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ive seen other threads about the BSBD tee shirts being made up a while ago, but i was wondering if theres a way to still get them. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

I don't think there will be anymore produced in the foreseeable future. (I spent some time with the designer in January)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey