labrys

Winter Is Coming

Finally. 'A Dance with Dragons' has an official release date now for July 12.

Now we just have to hope that George RR beats obesity long enough to finish the last 2 or 3... or hope that Brandon Sanderson can pick up where he leaves off as well as he did for 'Wheel of Time' :D

I tend to be a bit behind the curve on entertainment news and I didn't even know that HBO was doing a "Game of Thrones" series. This looks wonderful:

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html#/game-of-thrones/about/video/inside-game-of-thrones.html/eNrjcmbOUM-PSXHMS8ypLMlMDkhMT-VLzE1lzmcu1CzLTEnNh8k45+eVpFaUsDFyMjKySSeWluQX5CRW2pYUlaayMQIAUmYXOA==
Owned by Remi #?

... or hope that Brandon Sanderson can pick up where he leaves off as well as he did for 'Wheel of Time' :D

I know that had to be a joke! I can't tell you how annoyed I am that I'm going to have to read that final book just to see how it all ends. Not everyone can be a master at their craft, but still...

Not a complete joke. I like Sanderson's job with WoT so far. I don't really think that his style meshes with GRRM as well as it did with Robert Jordan though. That was the joke part.

I'm just pessimistic that either George or I will be able to bring this story to an end. I feel like I was about 10 years old when I started reading it and that I'll be toddling around a nursing home hoping to survive the last book.
Owned by Remi #?

I kinda had it with him when Tam was in two story lines at once because it turned out Sanderson was progressing the characters along two very different timelines in the latest book. That just sent me over the edge...plus it seemed like he subtly changed the interpretation of a few of the character's personalities in a way I didn't think was true to the earlier books.

Agreed on RRM. Taking forever to finish. There's another series by Melanie Rawn that I've finally given up on her every finishing that I read back in '98.

I know it's harder to write a good book with such complex story lines, but it sucks when they take too long to get the next one out. I read too many books to remember a whole complex plot line five plus years later! That's why with Robert Jordan I went and reread the whole series before starting in on the two Sanderson ones. Might've been part of the reason I had such an issue with Sanderson's take...

I kinda had it with him when Tam was in two story lines at once because it turned out Sanderson was progressing the characters along two very different timelines in the latest book

Um yeah... that's a problem. But I'm prepared to deal with it after struggling through Jordan having everyone wandering around thinking about what they should do and never actually doing anything much less being in 2 places at once like Tam

:D

Anyway.. this is meant to be about 'A Song of Ice and Fire'

:P
Owned by Remi #?