theonlyski

Idiots on craigslist

So, I've been on the lookout for a(nother) sewing machine, came across a Consew that has no model number listed... for $225.

I asked him if he could send me the model number of it, his reply was simply "no, i can not"

Good luck selling it! :S I mean really guys, why not just look at the damn thing, and possibly make some cash?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Idiot sellers and buyers abound.

I was selling a woodstove insert and the amount of stupid emails I got wasn't worth the cash.

Will you give it away for free if I take it out of your house???!!! WTF NO!

Can I use it in my trailer, it doesn't have a fire place, oh will you take 50 dollars??? NO!!

If I send you a money order for 1000 dollars can you please send the remainder to my Nigerian scam budy??? NO NO and NO

Stupid sellers too!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

If the machine is local, go check it out. there are gems to be had. I just got a Consew 226R-1 in mint shape + table for $350

Well, I'm looking for a zig-zag machine, not sure if it is one or not, and I don't know what to look for on the Consew's from the pictures to determine if its one or not.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

it's more likely to be a straight stitch than a zig zag, but, the very obvious differences (not brand specific) are :

two knobs on the front, one for stitch length just like on the straight stitch, other for stitch WIDTH.
Presser foot and throat plate will both have a side to side slit as opposed to a hole (for the needle to have sideways movement to build a zig zag).

here's a link to the Consew 199R brochure : http://consew.marginspluslive.com/images/products/specsheet2007/199rbseries-WEB.PDF
I have the 199R-1A and the thing is a nice machine. I also have a Singer 20U that's for sale :), and is a nice machine as well

I am also attaching a pic of the Singer 20U, this one has different controls on the front