d_squared431

Should children have facebook accts?

No. I tell my two older kids that if you have to lie about your age to get an account, you don't need to be on there. I don't like invites from relatives my kids' ages either. My youngest nephew is about 6 mos old and his mom set him up an account to post pics. Doesn't make sense to me. FB is a place for me to interact with my friends and I don't necessarily want my kids seeing all of that.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

I posed the question to my 22 year old daughter. She said "no way".

Back in the day, she would have been the one sneaking around and setting up accounts. :ph34r:

You done good! B|

I'd have to agree. Way too much potential for abuse and getting into trouble by letting kids have FB accounts. Mine's not going to have them until I'm positive that they are level-headed straight A students, or they reach 18 and I'm no longer financially responsible for them. :P

The world is a lot more dangerous these days than it was back in the 70's and 80's. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban