Shotgun

Hey Australians - Gift Question

I'm wanting to have a gift sent to my Australian in-laws - a plant or gourmet food, or something like that. Something like FTD or Harry & David in the U.S., but those companies don't ship overseas. Does anyone know of a good company to order from down there?

I'm wanting to have a gift sent to my Australian in-laws - a plant or gourmet food, or something like that. Something like FTD or Harry & David in the U.S., but those companies don't ship overseas. Does anyone know of a good company to order from down there?

What state and city are they in Keely?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Wodonga, Victoria.

And thanks for the links, strife.

that's rural victoria right on the NEW border, you might hve a few issues with a gourmet hamper but flower from interflora should be no issue

http://www.gift-basket-australia.com/gift-baskets-Wodonga/
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks for the info.

I was wanting to bake something and send it myself, but my husband didn't think I could mail something like that to Australia. Though I'm looking at the USPS website now, and I don't see any restrictions about baked goods. His mom used to send us home-baked cookies from over there, but at some point she was told it wasn't allowed anymore, so we just assumed it wasn't allowed from here either.

Anyhow, I might just go with interflora. It looks more expensive than similar stuff over here, but I guess that's just how it is.

Thanks, y'all. :)

Cooked food will generally get through, but it will be opened. Put a note in the top with ingredients etc.

If you want to purchase a gift, someone like Maggie Beer is interesting and fun: http://www.maggiebeer.com.au/products/category/hampers.

The big problem with Interflora is you don't know how good the florist will be. Better to search for "wodonga florist" or "albury florist" and go from there.