regulator

Bad Luck:Squared

(CBS News) Thousands of passengers erupted into cheers Thursday night as the crippled triumph finally pulled up to the dock. As they stepped onto dry land, and into the arms of their loved ones some couldn't contain their excitement.

Carnival then chartered a caravan of buses to transport folks out of Mobile, Ala. To add insult to injury, at least one of those buses became stranded on the way to New Orleans, reports CBS News correspondent Anna Werner.

The nightmare started Sunday, when an engine fire knocked out power.

Kendell Jenkins won the trip in a contest, but said it was more like cruising on a floating port-o-potty. "I'm just really thankful and blessed to be back," she said. "I mean there was sewage, water everywhere, mix that with some rotten food smells and welcome to carnival Triumph."

"No ships were coming, no boats, were coming, we saw no helicopters," said Jenkins. "It scared us because we thought the ship wasn't notifying or coming out to help us."

It took more than a day before the first tugboat arrived. As passengers got cell reception, they shared photos revealing squalid conditions - sewage seeping through the floors, plastic bags used for restrooms. Tent camps above deck, and mattresses sprawled out below. For some, the hardest part was losing contact with their family.

It took several grueling hours to drag the massive ship through a narrow channel Thursday. At the terminal, carnival C.E.O. Gerry Cahill addressed reporters.

"We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a great vacation experience and clearly we failed in this particular case," he said. He then boarded the ship and apologized to passengers, but some still want answers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57569573/carnival-rescue-bus-breaks-down-while-bringing-passengers-home/

Statistically I know the number is pretty low, but an awful lot of bad things seem to happen to an awful lot of cruise ships. I think I'll be inclined to pass on that particular mode of vacationing for the foreseeable future. You really don't want to be the one who gets stuck on the poo cruise for a week.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

This is what I read on the first pass. Damn Tequila.

Thousands of passengers erupted into cheers Thursday night as the crippled triumph finally pulled up to the dock. As they stepped onto dry land, and into the arms of their loved ones some couldn't contain their excrement.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

In cruising, as in skydiving, when something bad happens the media will cover the hell out of and make the general public question whether they would ever want to participate in that activity. I've been on seven cruises, and have enjoyed them all.

Ya some people have had a bad experience with cruising. Some people have had bad experiences with skydiving. I still enjoy both.

I've used some pretty nasty toilets at the DZ. So far in cruising, never had a problem with that. Knock on wood!

This is what I read on the first pass. Damn Tequila.

Thousands of passengers erupted into cheers Thursday night as the crippled triumph finally pulled up to the dock. As they stepped onto dry land, and into the arms of their loved ones some couldn't contain their excrement.

I watched The Magic Christian over the weekend, and the final scene made me think of Carnival Cruises.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.