theonlyski

Flying a camera.

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2014/January/13/sportys-solo-videos.aspx?WT.mc_sect=ftn&WT.mc_id=140117eftrng

Sporty's helps student pilots capture that solo moment

January 13, 2014

By Jill W. Tallman

With the proliferation of compact video cameras, pilots are more eager than ever to capture great moments such as the first solo—but often aren’t sure how to edit or share the video footage. A new service from Sporty’s video production team will take that footage and turn it into a professionally produced package that can be shared.

MySolo lets the pilot upload raw video that will be edited, then shared at Sporty’s MySolo YouTube channel. The pilot includes some additional information about the flight—name, date of flight, flight instructor, and make/model of aircraft. The finished product is about five minutes long.

The cost is $59.95. Preview a sample MySolo video here.

Sporty’s Vice President John Zimmerman said that while the service is producing videos about first solos, “we’re able to produce similar videos about any particular flight. Contact us at [email protected] and we can discuss your project.”

For more information about MySolo, see the website.

Seems they think it's a great idea...

And who the hell pays $60 for some 5 minute long video... oh wait.:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yep, great marketing idea for the video generation.

Had a conversation with one of the Gold Knights once during idle time at the DZ. He was going to retire and become a fishing guide, video the whole expedition, and sell the video of the boat ride and fish-catching to the clients. A great idea which he got from the skydiving industry. I hope he's out there fishing and videoing right now, and enjoying his retirement from the Army.