rhys

decellerater reserves

i am looking at buying a rig and the reserve is a decellerater?(dunno if i know how to spell it properly) couldn't find it anywhere in the fourums. does anyone know of any good/bad information on them, they have a t.s.o. etc. and are made in south africa, i just read an article on tempo reserves and how the bar tacks can rip on them so i am a bit sketch![:/]
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I had no problems with my D 120. I had a terminal reserve ride on it (and a brutal opening) and the thing was as solid as a rock. Tough as nails in my experience. If you want more info on them call up Piers Littleford (he now works at RWS) as he used to work for Chute Shop.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Also look into the angelfire. I believe the tape used for the line attatchments are sewn to the rib itself, no bartacks. It's basically an extension of the re-enforcing tape normally found on the canopy. Very overbuilt. (IMO overbuilt reserves are a good thing)

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Big point is don't opperate ANY reserve out side of it's design limitations.

Good point JP. That is why they have limitations listed on all reserves. Anytime you exceed those limits you are playing the fool.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I was on the ground a few years ago, when my buddy's decellerator 150 was accidentaly deployed by another jumper ... in terminal head-down!

Even he laughed (although not much due to his cracked ribs) when he saw the video frame by frame with us.

Reserve condition afterwards? Perfectly airworthy and still in his rig.