MaybeMor

The best rig 4 me??

Hi guys,

So the thing is that I'm in the process of purchasing a new rig (yhiiiiiiii :) but I got no clue which one to go 4.

What I expect from my new gear is that first it will be safe to fly (FF bla bla) and should have the all important ISO. Here in Israel we're not allowed to jump anything that is not ISO'de.

Then, the rig has 2 B as compact as possible so my new main canopy (Katana 120) and the 113/115 reserve should be able to B squeezed it tightly (jumping smaller mains later on).

Here we have another issue - should I go for something like the triple zero (000) of Parachute De France which is rather small but should have in it the Techno reserve rather then a PD one (which is good but my rigger - Shlomi Perl from Paradive Israel - claims that it's not as good as the PD reseve one) or because of the fact that I might not be able to sell it later on in life (European gear Vs the US type) AND due to loading the reserve (I'm above the recommended loading limit of the 115 Techno reserve but under the 113 PD reserve limit) should I opt then for the American options?

So far I've jumped my Javelin (3 years, fits nice not small enough), the latest Vortex2 (nice around the legs and shoulders but the container is not the smallest around) and the Vector 3 /308 (and yp, the 306 with the Skyhook system is not a bad option at all).

Any idea guys?

Cheers ppl,
B|
David Mor

hi there!

do they have skydiving centers in israel?... i never knew...

anyways, i'm just here to ask your help from your skydive friends... if there are any DZ in your place that could donate to us (Cebu Sport Parachute Club, Inc. here in Philippines) a container with round reserve that would likely fit a PD235.

We are really in need of new equipments this time and we prioritize first a container as mentioned above. We still lack one more of a complete system (no need for AAD's or square reserves) to have demos again.

If there are kind people out there in your place who could donate those i mentioned, please reply me at [email protected] we need your support.

Still, i invite you to visit our place here in Philippines and jump while touring. You can also comment on our old canopies that we are still using.

Hoping for your unconditional support... BLUE SKIES and Safe Landings!!!

www.skyswoop.cjb.net

3..2..1..whoahhh!!!

Shlomo recommends PD reserves because Shlomo is a dealer for PD and because ... Shlomo is Shlomo.
Hee!
Hee!

Parachutes de France manufacturers equipment under a TSO issued by the European Joint Airworthiness Authority (JAA TSO-C23C or C-23D), indistinguishable from American TSOs.

Only a few parachute manufacturers conform to the expensive ISO 9000 auditing process.

Buying the tightest container that your current canopy will fit into is unwise - because in the desert - static electricity makes canopies pack one size "larger" than they do in humid climates (i.e. Florida where most of the American canopy manufacturers are based).

Shlomo is Shlomo

indeed he is, and he's world famous for it B|...
he jumps near the coast (not the desert) so the humidty is close to the FL one...

NashNash, wait until i tell him how you talk about him behind his back, and be careful with those landings or you'll miss next year's trip to sweden...

O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

OK guys, thanX 4 the replies so far.

Skylee pinoy- what's that got to do with my question?! :| next time plz PM.

Riggerrob- I know Shlomi is a PD dealer but he knows that I'm not buying the gear from him as well of being well aware to the fact that we all in Paradive DZ aware of his personal interest.

All he claims (and I have no other reason Y not 2 believe him) that he prefer the PD one and if I'll might add - lately I've been talking to ppl like Boaz Goren and others that had the "privilege" of a Techno ride and were totally not impressed.
They all claimed that the Techno reserve does not feel as stable as the PD one.

I can only speack out of my own personal experience that the PD reserve rides gives much confidence, the opening are dead on headings and from what I know the PD reserve canopies are built to sustain faster speeds on opening rather then what P de F state.

have you got (maybe) anything else that might enlight me? :)

Ori NashNashon- Shlomi knows all about my thoughts (and reeds here all the time) but it's not an issue. I've told him all about what I wrote here B4.

One more thing mate - I think I got all of my trust in Mordi who gave me his permission to go for this gear so it seems that (counter to what you might think) my landings are well safe, accurate and consistent.
DON'T WORRY :)

Does any of you others have any new thoughts?
David Mor

One more thing mate - I think I got all of my trust in Mordi who gave me his permission to go for this gear so it seems that (counter to what you might think) my landings are well safe, accurate and consistent.
DON'T WORRY

300 jumps in 3 years and you're going to fly a Katana 120? Whichever container you decide on, I'd recommend red as the primary color.

maybe Mordi doesnt like you as much as i do :P
anyway,i hope you know i'm not trying to put you down and that i honestly don't want to see you break anything...

O

300 jumps in 3 years and you're going to fly a Katana 120? Whichever container you decide on, I'd recommend red as the primary color.

ThanX 4 caring but almost all of those jumps were done in the past year on a Saber 150, Stileto 120 and my current Vision.

BTW - I can not remember how to land a canopy not using the front raisers [:/]

Cheers ORI - got'chya :)

but that's off the topic, which container would you recommend and Y?
I want to hear some thoughts from ya guys comm'on ;)...
David Mor

if you insist...
i like how the micron and the mirage look when they are closed.
the new PdF is also streamlined and has nothing sticking out of it....

if i had to chose based only on that, i'd go with micron, but they take ages these days (if i'm not mistaken) and i think the mirage is overpriced.

me? for now i'm very happy with my wings B|
but what do i know :P

O

ALL RIGHT GUYS, A G A I N, THANX 4 THE WORRIES BUT THIS CAN B DONE VIA PM

So now back to the question - we're not talking 'bout the size of my canopy but the question is:

Giving the opportunity to go for a new rig without the worries of costs and time, which one would you (-jp-, skybytch, Skylee, riggerrob or any other person here) opt 4?

ThanX for your time.
David Mor

Giving the opportunity to go for a new rig without the worries of costs and time, which one would you (-jp-, skybytch, Skylee, riggerrob or any other person here) opt 4?

The one I have. An Infinity.

With main and reserve canopies that I know I can safely land in a backyard at sunset.

The one I have. An Infinity.

I had the Infinity in mind mate

not a bad opt at all

BUT

what I say is that if I should decide between this one and the Vector3, I think the SkyHook system answer the queation for me.

Still, a damm fine rig this Infinity mate ;)
David Mor