wan2doit

GoPhone - Don't Understand Billing

New to this gophone payment type plan. Had been on it a while and went to make call and got told I didn't refiill my account. Didn't understand fully but I knew they wanted more money but didn't feel I had used 25 dollars worth of minutes. OBTW I have a 25 dollar (a month I assume) plan for 25 minutes a month.

Eventually I called an 800 number where the recording said I must maintain a 25 dollar balance and my current balance was 18 dollars and change but I needed to pay either the difference between my current balance and 25 dollars or give them via credit card another 25 dollars.

Tried to pay the difference but the ATT/gophone computer didn't recognize my passcode.

Eventually I was able to pay 25 dollars and make calls. Basically I feel like they forced me to make the 25 dollar payment while still having 18 dollars of unused phone minutes in my account and am not happy but since I haven't been able to find any explanation of this payment system anywhere I'm not sure if I should even be upset.

Here's my questions -

1 Does the gophone prepaid 25 dollar/250 minute payment essentially hold 25 dollars or close to that of a customer's money in escrow forever?

2 Can anyone provide a link to a detailed explanation of how this payment plan functions?

Oh, almost forgot - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

Any help greatly appreciated.

Frank

Most likely the balance cancels every 30 days even if some minutes are left. I used " Net 10 " for years ( sold in many stores ). I could pay $ 60 and get 900 minutes with a time limit of 90 days. This worked well for me .Basically $ 20 per month, getting a new card every 3 months. To use Net 10, you buy the cheap phone ( about $ 20 ) first, then buy the cards.
Life is short ... jump often.

Cell companies generally charge you for the month in advance.
If you got the anytime minutes; check to see if they include them as rollover minutes.
If not and you crossed over a billing period, they wanted a re-load to the minimum $25 for 250 anytime minutes.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.