sunman

Kurupee - Cheap for a reason.

I recently ordered a Kurupee FF suit. When it arrived, I was very dissapointed for these reasons:

The fit was unbelievably large. It was built for somebody at least 6 inches taller than me. The crotch hung almost to my knees. Ron Jeremy doesn't need that much crotch length.

It had multiple layers and a very thick collar. I asked for neither of these features, and I live in South Florida. The construction was such that multiple colors=multiple layers. In other words, instead of being a grey and purple single layered suit built with multiple colored panels, like Tony Suit does, Kurupee built me a grey jumpsuit with some purple on top. So half the jumpsuit is two layers of cotton. Hot? You bet your ass.

I had Kurupee remake the jumpsuit with very specific instructions on the sizing and the construction. I even had myself remeasured, measured the jumpsuit, and told them where they went wrong, just in case they couldn't figure it out for themselves. Basically they needed to shorten up the body length (divet in collar bone, under crotch, to base of neck) by ALMOST ONE FOOT. They confirmed these instructions, assuring me it would be a single-layer jumpsuit, and the sizing would be adjusted accordingly.

I waited over a month to get this jumpsuit, even though I sent the other one back right away, and I had paid the rush service fee the first time. When it arrived, it was of the exact same multi-layered construction as the first jumpsuit. And although the sizing was much better, it was still too tall. The collar issue was fixed. It was at least wearable, so I decided to keep it since my other FF jumpsuit is falling apart. I needed it because I use it to film tandems, which is my only income.

To be honest, the suit flies very nicely. I will give them credit for that. The contruction is decent but somewhat questionable. There are a few bugs; the zipper tag (useless anyway) popped off on day 2 of use, and the leg pocket seeming has started to unthread after less than a week of use. The worst part is the multiple layers and the sizing. Every damn day I have to wear this thing and be unnecessarily hot, and when I cinch up the leg straps, I've got to cinch up the entire fucking jumpsuit with it. It's all just a daily reminder to me to not be such a cheap bastard. When it starts getting really hot again, I'm going to shell out as much money as I have to for the Tony Suit of my dreams. They are expensive for a reason. They are the best.

A lot of people love Kurupee suits, but I've seen more than a couple bad reviews, so be forewarned.

Oh, and if anybody needs a FF jumpsuit in about six months, and you are over six feet tall, and you live where it's really cold, I've got the suit for you. It may not be great, but it's cheap!

Well, you said it all when you said "Tony Suit"! I had a "TS" that didn't fit well (not Tony's fault, the dealer botched it) and Tony took it back, built me a new one...in all it cost me $18.00 (2nd day shipping) and two weeks.

Tony Suits ROCK!!!