London86

Continuing AFF, but moving from UK to the US!

Hey folks,

I'm Jack, known by all my U.S. friends as "London"

First off - great forum! been lurking here for a while and reading up on alot of the AFF posts, as well as dropzones, some superb advice which i'll be taking on board!

I'm relocating to Fort Worth in Texas with work in early January, and looking to continue my skydiving.

I've done AFF Level 1 twice, once 7 years ago, and the other 2 years back in the UK, but never continued it due to the generally crap weather in the UK messing up my lessons.

As i'll be fairly new and by myself in Texas i figured it'd be a good way to meet new people and get into a good community! Planning on doing my full AFF course at one of the Dropzones in Dallas area, if any of you ever jump there or have any recommendations on DZ's to use, it'd be great to hear from you :)

Skydive Dallas is a few miles east of Sherman TX and a good place to both train and jump. I have to travel a bit to get there but it is a great DZ with a great staff.

Welcome to the forum and the sport.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”