Trojahn

Extended vacation to start skydiving!

Hello everybody :)

First of all i'd like to say that i'm excited to have found you guys on this site, and i hope you have room for another rookie!

I'm Mathias (call me Matt) from Denmark.
I'm 23 and i've been interested in skydiving since before i can remember - and in recent years, youtube got me interested in BASE & Wingsuits, but i'm not going anywhere near that for now...

The last couple of years i've been working towards getting my certification as a life coach and during this time i have had to work intensively with myself - leading me to discover my vision; to lead an extraordinary life worth remembering and to inspire those around me to do the same.

For me, that means no more fantasising, no more waiting for the "right" circumstances - no more living on "some-day isle".

So! I'm going to take a 2-3 month trip with the singular purpose of skydiving.

Question is: Where do you recommend i do this?

Requirements:
- 7-days-a-week jumping
- Sunny and warm (25+ degree celcius)
- Friendly(!!)
- Preferably not too pricey as i intend on making a lot of jumps.

I may be able to get free accommodations for my entire stay if i were to go to the US, specifically Florida (Port Orange).

I appreciate any advice and/or feedback! :)

- Mathias

Thanks! :)

That basically settles it already then. Had a look at DeLand and they seem really competent. I do remember reading quite a few posts mentioning them, and i had already looked into it a bit before - just wanted some 2nd opinions.

On a side-note:

I'll be traveling alone and I'm very open to meet new people, so if anyone is around that area, let me know and we can exchange stories over a brew!
Most likely i'll be arriving mid-june.

It's my home dropzone. Let me know when you'll be in town. Are you going to sign up with Skydive U?
While you're here, it will also benefit you to do a course with Flight-1 and to visit all the skydiving equipment manufacturers in town.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Cool, definitely will do.

I don't know - i had a look at their website, but it was kinda confusing. Still in the planning phase.

Do you have any experience with them?

I was actually under the impression you showed up at a DZ, signed up for a FJC, did your AFF course and then you'd be good to go.

I'll definitely look into the Flight-1 canopy courses.

I most certainly plan on visiting the equipment manufacturers - especially since i plan to be spending ALOT of money on jumps; it might be worth getting my own gear asap.

I haven't used Skydive U, but I know the instructors and see them on the planes with plenty of students. But, you can also just book with the dropzone too and those instructors are also good. It's up to you; you'll get great instruction either way!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon