valiant-51

Bay Area skydiver coming back to the sport! Want to jump with me?

Hi all,

I am a returning skydiver and would like to say hi to the community. I started jumping in Skydive San Diego 10 years ago and took some time off from the sport. I recently moved to the Bay Area started jumping again at Skydance Skydiving in Davis, CA. I am having a great time flying but have found it hard to make connections with other A-licensed jumpers (or newer jumpers) interested in learning, practicing, and/or just flying together a few times. Business drives the schedule of a lot of senior jumpers in the community and very few are interested in jumping with A-licensed jumpers, unless you are willing to $$$-talk about coaching-$$$ of course. I have paid for a some coach jumps already but I am ready to start flying with other people and making new friends!

If you are a jumper from the bay area and would like to jump with a new but highly motivated skydiver, contact me! I drive from the south bay and have been going to Davis almost every weekend. We could also talk about carpooling.

Cheers!

Check out the NCSL - we have lots of events that are appropriate for newer jumpers and it's a good chance to meet others.
https://www.facebook.com/NorthernCaliforniaSkydivingLeague

And don't be afraid to ask more experienced folks to jump with you - yeah, there are a lot of folks who are working, or doing team training, but there are plenty just there to fun jump - you just need to ask and meet them.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke