septem

trying to make a dream reality

Hello everybody,

My name is Ayoub, i live in florida and i'm 26 years old.
I always dreamed to be a professional skydiver but back in my original country it's kind of impossible.
I'm not really rich and i'm wondering if there is a way to get the A licence helping a skydiving center as a volunteer ?!
Any suggestion or guidance ??

Thank's in advance
Have a good day

I don't know, it's been quite a few years since I went through my training. But, call your local dropzone, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a quote.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi Septem,

Welcome !

A good start would be a DZ in Florida.

Skydivedeland.com - great DZ - did my AFF there !!

Their website says :

evel Price Learning Objectives
1 $351 Relax have fun and show ground, altitude and instructor awareness and the ability to pull on your own and on time
2 $194 Introduces the student to freefall turns (jump with two Instructors.
3 $194 Jump with two Instructors, learn forward movement and then fly 'solo' for the rest of the skydive
4 $164 One Instructor, teaches 360 turns in freefall
5 $164 Move to forward motion and docking on your Instructor
6 $164 Solo exit from the airplane, backloops and recovery, tracking before pull.
7 $164 The Graduation Dive! Diving solo exit, frontloops, backloops, turns, docking- just about anything you want to show off, after all it's your graduation

Blue Skies,

Steve

septem

Thank you for your help
I'm going tomorrow to visit "skydive city"
And also the deland center next week

You could always learn to pack and work as a packer but I'm not sure how much you get paid for it. Otherwise, save those pennies and make that dream a reality!
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Thank you all

I'm decided to start my AFF the next few weeks level by level, slowly (budget) but surely :D

2 more questions :

- how much will cost the remaining jumps after the seven first jumps ? Are they supervised ?

- when do you think i can wear my gopro on me (can i do it from the first jump ?!)

Have a good day

Have you got free time, like weekends?

Spend as much time possible at the DZ. You will soon find out how to make money, either by recruiting new jumpers, packing, or whatever. You will also learn a load from just being there, and please, don't sit with your hands folded, talk to people.

I started jumping purely on packing, when I was still in school. HOW, I was at the DZ every weekend, untill someone said, you wanna learn how to pack, I'll teach ya.;)

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Not really tickets, but you can get incentives for bringing in new business. Seen this at plenty places, and still goes.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.