ssj4sadie

Finally saying hello!

Hi All! Spent the better part of a year lurking around here while in Korea and decided it was time to start the journey when I got back to the states.

Did a tandem back in '09 at Eloy and told myself I would do it again. Fast forward to July '13 and did ground school at Skydive San Marcos. Didn't get to jump that day (Friday) due to the winds getting squirly. Came back Saturday and although I got to learn a lot from watching experienced jumpers and tandems coming down, clouds and wind kept me down again>:(. Finally weather cooperated and Sunday I made the leap.

I'm hooked, doesn't even begin to describe it. But the bank account is going to feel the hurt (for every dollar I spend on skydiving my wife gets a dollar for something she wants:S). Going back out this coming week for my L2 and hopefully L3 jumps.

-Kendall

WELCOME!!!

ssj4sadie

I'm hooked, doesn't even begin to describe it. But the bank account is going to feel the hurt (for every dollar I spend on skydiving my wife gets a dollar for something she wants:S).

You'll never send your kids to college.
AHAHAHAHAH! :ph34r:
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Korea eh? Military? Just got back from Korea myself last August and AFF'd at Skydive Temple. Can't seem to stop spending money on it...or thinking about it, or annoying my friends by talking about it, or doing it while on a half day at a TDY in Indiana.
SCR 15113
USPA Coach-C
Hellfish 1004

ssj4sadie

Came back Saturday and although I got to learn a lot from watching experienced jumpers and tandems coming down, clouds and wind kept me down again>:(. Finally weather cooperated and Sunday I made the leap.

Don't stop going to the DZ. Due to clouds and winds, I spent 8 days at the DZ from 9 to 5 without going up once, and I learned a ton from picking brains. My AFF took from April to July to complete. Best of luck and welcome!
SCR 15113
USPA Coach-C
Hellfish 1004

Thanks for the welcome all!

Di0

WELCOME!!!
You'll never send your kids to college.
AHAHAHAHAH! :ph34r:

They offer scholarships for a reason B|

joelgibson

Korea eh? Military? Just got back from Korea myself last August and AFF'd at Skydive Temple. Can't seem to stop spending money on it...or thinking about it, or annoying my friends by talking about it, or doing it while on a half day at a TDY in Indiana.

Yup in the AF. Yeah it's to the point I clear out the shop if I even mention skydiving:D. If I didn't have stuff to do the next couple weekends I would definitely be out there just taking everything in.

skymama

Welcome to the forums! :)

She seems to be pretty happy about my skydiving... Thanks for the well wishes!