Safelandings

New to the forum and to skydiving

I'm a new skydiver from the Windsor area in Canada. I started this past June with a birthday gift from my wife for a tandem. I was instantly hooked. I am now an AFF student working on my 8th jump. Just want to say hi and hope to learn so much more from the more experienced jumpers.

I'm loving every minute of it. My next jump is diving out and doing my first front flip. I've been looking forward to it but the weather has not been co-operating. I've been trying to do this jump for two weeks now. In one day I went up twice and had to come back down with the plane because there was no opening in the clouds. I'm in the Windsor area and he closest place to me is Skydive Tecumseh, an hour and a half from here in Michigan. I can do this all the time if money and distance wasn't a factor.

She wasn't that happy that I continued to pursue my A license. She was hoping it going to be one of those " I can now say I did it but don't want o do it again" moments. She supports me anyways because she sees how much I love it. She was stressed the first couple of times but now that she sees that safety is number one and she has met he instructors she's much better. I think I get more stressed or nerves before a jump then she is.