rach72

New to skydiving and loving it

I'm Rach and new to skydiving. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself since I have been lurking around on dropzone for a year taking in as much information as I could.

I did my first 3 tandems last summer. Yesterday I did my AFF 1 at Kapowsin. It was awesome! I had an unstable exit but after a while it dawned on me I needed to relax my body and arch. With my instructor's help I got stable and the second instructor was able to dock and things seemed to go pretty smooth from there. While I was unstable I surprised myself that I felt so calm about the whole thing. It was like Oh yeah I need to be doing this and I did it. That makes me happy knowing I didn't freak out. I will say it was a fun ride. ;) I had amazing instructors and so much fun. I can't wait to finish up my aff. Everyone I have met has been so friendly and helpful.

Did AFF 2 today and had a stable exit. I felt really good about that. Still need to perfect my arch and legs. Landing needs lots of practice. :) Turned a little to much so wasn't going into the wind and ended up sliding in on my butt. I didn't break anything so I consider that a plus. :)

good luck this weekend Rach!

Thank you. I ended up not going that weekend due to a death in the family but I did make it this past weekend and successfully completed 3 & 4. It was really awesome. How are your jumps going? Have you completed AFF yet?