spage

Student in Ohio saying hello!

Hi All! Thought I would stop by and introduce myself.

I'm a 30YO static-line student at Skydive Greene County, where I did my first tandem last year. So far I have done 2 tandems and a handful of static-line jumps, as well as some tunnel-time at Paraclete XP in Raeford, NC. I am still on the static-line, and probably will be for at least a few more jumps until I am confident that my body position is perfect. I need practice, and will probably be asking for advice from the pros here. It is difficult for me to learn body position 6 seconds at a time :$ but I am persistent. I would rather play it safe and learn slowly than rush and make mistakes.

Skydiving gets juggled with my other hobbies including skiing, riding, autocross, homebrewing, and being a general gearhead. The homebrew gets enjoyed after the skiing/riding/jumping B|

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and maybe jumping with some of you!

Blue Skies!

Thanks!

I think I did OK for my first time in the tunnel, I managed to stay stable through my practice pulls. My current struggle when actually jumping is with "the hill". I'm searching the forums here, surely someone else has had the same struggles.

It is all my leg positioning at this point in time. My instructor is a fantastic person and a patient teacher, and takes the time to debrief my jumps in detail. My arms seem to be doing what they should, but during that critical second or two after releasing the strut, my legs are obeying their reflexes and searching for ground.

Each jump is a little better than the last. During my first S/L jumps my legs were kicking, now they are just flinching a little bit when I let go. I'm determined to overcome the reflex and get this right!