eviscerate3

Newb from Iowa

Hello all, have been lurking for over a year and though i better introduce myself since hopefully I will be doing AFF this year and I am sure will have questions. Have done six tandems and can't wait to go solo. I am here to learn from all of you folks' experience and meet some interesting people.:ph34r:

Yeah 6 tandems is crazy but couldnt get the money together for AFF, and couldn't stay out of the air. I didn't want to only get thru half of AFF in a year. Recently decided to donate(sell) plasma and sell some toys to raise money to pay for it. Can't wait to get started. I do get a bit nervous at the door but nothing overwhelming. Just take a few deep breathes and let the fun begin!
I am most concerned(nervous) about canopy control, and learning how landing patterns work. Reading the forums about all the canopy collisions happening makes me want to learn all that I can about flying a parachute.

Yeah 6 tandems is crazy but couldnt get the money together for AFF, and couldn't stay out of the air. I didn't want to only get thru half of AFF in a year. Recently decided to donate(sell) plasma and sell some toys to raise money to pay for it. Can't wait to get started. I do get a bit nervous at the door but nothing overwhelming. Just take a few deep breathes and let the fun begin!
I am most concerned(nervous) about canopy control, and learning how landing patterns work. Reading the forums about all the canopy collisions happening makes me want to learn all that I can about flying a parachute.

Welcome!

Im also from Iowa (DSM)

Im gunna be taking my AFF class this summer as well, hopefully within the month! Although you have me beat, I have 3 tandems lol! I totally know what you mean about not being able to stay out of the air though, even if it is a tandem :)

What dropzone you looking at to do your AFF?
You never know, until you find out!

Hello Eviscerate3 and AerialGnome,

I jump in Iowa and I'm sure we will cross paths. All of the DZ's in Iowa have excellent instructors and I look forward to doing some jumps with both of you. Remember to put Couchfreaks on your calendar for your Labor day plans.

Welcome to this great fraternity called skydiving.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.