marksaadet27

Finally Starting AFF in Turkey

Well finally my AFF has started and I would just like to comment on the course I am taking across the pond in Turkey. Now being a complete newcomer to skydiving its been a refreshing experience at my DZ.

The reason I say this is because its a requirement to undertake 3 days ground school and on the 4th day you complete a written and pratical exam.

Now I have spent a lot of time researching like most students do and I noticed that the standard ground school time is around 6hrs.
Having completed the ground school on all the possible full and partial malfunctions and when to cut away and correct body and exit position I personally feel 6hrs is too short (Brain overload).

Yes the subjects are repeated on each of the three days but I must admit I do feel that in the event of a malfunction (god forbid) the training and knowledge I have been given willl become an automatic response he says hopefully!!!!
Anyway I just wanted to let you good people know that its blue skys all the way and I will keep you posted how I get on.

Stay safe ;)

HI!! ...welcome to the forums and congrats on taking the plunge.

There certainly is a brain overload and 6 hours is way too short!! But that's why there's a SIM and Skydivers Handbook and a pretty decent list of other books to read not to mention LOTS of threads. And in my opinion one of the best things is the fact that things repeat themselves because a person simply isn't going to remember everything after having seen or read it once.