robbo23

Hello all

I've done 3 tandem skydive's for charity and each time i land i say i must do my aff but upon reflection and a day or two on the ground i realise that i could not do skydiving on my own due to my MS. Just did my third tandem last week and now i say bollocks to my MS - I'm starting my AFF in 2 weeks and cannot wait!!!!!

I think that is pretty badass. Who says that any sort of health issue should hold anyone back from doing anything that they want or love to do. Good luck on your training and let us know how it goes.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Well ive just heard from my instuctor - my course will be starting within the next 2 weeks hopefully!!
I can't wait!!!!

How do you guys and girls live with the excitement.....
It's all i think about at the mo.........

its pretty much all we think about.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

What a weekend!!

Did my aff tandem Sat am then the bloody wind shifted and grounded all of us students - still a great day at the DZ just no further jumps.
Sunday was a different matter - Got 3 jumps in - passed levels 1,2 and 3.
Hopefullly ill be doing level 4 on Saturday. The only slight problem i have is making sure i keep my legs out as they tend to want to stay at 90 degress. I'll work on that.

What a feeling skydiving on your own up there - totally Awesome!!!!

Did my level 4 jump last Sunday - good exit - stable position - my insrtuctor released me and then i got a bit uinstable and tried to fight it - totally wrong thing to do - ended up failing this level - I'm now going to a tunnel next Weds - ive booked 30 mins to sort out my position - in particular my legs - then im going to go back to my dz and hopefully bust those last few levels.

Gutted but looking forward to some tunnel time.

We have a very similar experience. I went through 1,2 and 3 without a hitch, then failed level 4 due to a slow rotation to the left that I couldn't fix at that time. I've had 3 five-minute tunnel sessions in the past few weeks to fix my asymmetrical legs. I'm diving on Saturday to give level 4 another shot.

Good luck on your next dive!
Don't worry about fear, worry about the addiction.

It sounds like you tensed up as soon as he released you. Just remember to relax. What I figured out what helps me to relax during my jump is that when I feel myself start to rock, I take a deep breath real quick and the rocking stops. It is kinda like when you hold your breath, you feel your body get tense, but as soon as you exhale, your body feels relaxed. Just my .02
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Well i managed 30 mins in the wind tunnel yesterday - great fun - i feel so much more confident now - by the end of my time i was flying stable able to increase and decrease fall rates and my turns were great by the end. I now just need to hit the skies tomorrow hopefully - the forecast is looking good!!:)

Well the tunnel helped so much.
Got my level's 4,5 and 6 last weekend. 1 more to go!!
I need to work on my exits though - i did a solo exit but the way i was told to do it - kneel in the door and spring off my left leg - the problem is my left leg is quite weak - it resulted in me falling out as opposed to diving out - but hey ho i got stable within 5 secs so no real drama.
hopefully i'll get my last level in this weekend.

Blue Skies