FinallyTracking

Just sayin' hello :) New to DZ.com, working toward A License

Well I'm lying a little when I say I'm new here... I lurk here a lot. Figured I might as well get in on the action.

I bought tandem skydives for my husband and me for his birthday. It's not something I wanted to do at all, but I figured it would be even nicer for him if we could share it, so I bit the bullet and signed my life (and sanity) away for a little piece of his happiness.

We did our tandems July 11, the Saturday after his birthday. The following Saturday we were sitting through FJC, and hours later we were flinging ourselves out the door of an airplane. (Or in my case, being assisted out the door of an airplane. I later came to discover that my mainside instructor was new -- I was student #8 for him -- and his first one to freeze up in the door :D .)

So now here I am, 22 jumps in and in the process of purchasing gear. I'm in this for the long-haul. Ultimate goals? Free-flying, camera flying, coaching, instruction, and general badassery. Can't wait to get to know everyone here!

Erin
AFF 1: $320
AFF 6: $850
Beer: $36
Not having to wear the bright blue spandex student jumpsuit because it's the only one small enough to fit me: Priceless

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, we're both on the same track right now, working toward our A License. It was initially funded by our tax return (which we just got a couple months ago), but we're definitely blowing through some $$ right now! Thankfully we both have steady income and I have extra money coming in from the Montgomery G.I. Bill. We've decided to forego putting $ in our savings account for the next couple months ;) He'll have his own jumpable gear in 3 weeks once the AAD comes in so our rigger can set it up, and I'll have mine in about 9 weeks (ordering a custom container this weekend because used rigs my size are just impossible to find if I don't make huge compromises in what I need). That will cut down on our costs by a huge amount! You can't carry money with you to the grave is our motto for the moment, and once we have gear we'll be back on track with our savings, so we're all set :)
AFF 1: $320
AFF 6: $850
Beer: $36
Not having to wear the bright blue spandex student jumpsuit because it's the only one small enough to fit me: Priceless