mellow

new in CA

hi everyone,

at 48, i just did my first tandem jump (it was a surprise gift from my son...), and it was unbelievable! i'm seriously considering taking the aff training. i am hoping to get your thoughts about a couple of things.

first, i honestly did not enjoy the jump until afterwards, when it left me with a feeling of incredible exhilaration and a feeling of empowerment. i had never seen anyone skydive before, and had absolutely no idea what was happening after i jumped out of that plane. the wind was intense, and i got really nauseated after the parachute opened, and it didn't go away for almost an hour. i thought there was no way i'd ever do that again.

but now here i am, fascinated with the experience, and i have a huge smile on my face everytime i think about it. i've watched my video over and over, told everyone i know, and feel compelled to go out there again. am i crazy??

so does anyone know if the nausea thing is common, and do you have any suggestions for me so i won't get it again? i'm doing one more tandem jump in a few weeks, then i think i'm signing up for aff.

thanks!
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

wow, interesting- so you didn't really like until afterwards either?? are you going again??

i've decided to push through the nausea, and just get out there and jump again. now that i've seen what in the heck skydiving actually is, i'll know more what to expect and hopefully that will help.
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

thanks skymama-

either way, i am so looking forward to my next jump in june. when i go, i'll make the decision to do the aff training. i think about skydiving everyday....many times a day........... i'm totally obsessed with it! :)

Jennifer

...so does anyone know if the nausea thing is common, and do you have any suggestions for me so i won't get it again?

It's an adrenaline roto-rooter kinda thing. :D

...a big blast like that really flushes out the 'mediocrity of life' that's been pluggin' up the works for quite a while. ;)

No worries, it stays away as long as you embark on a steady maintenance program of continuous skydiving. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Welcome to the sport!

Ginger has just been proven effective for nausea in a double blind studies. Google it. Scopolamine patches work too but they introduce a psychotropic drug into your bloodstream, not good for skydiving (others may disagree ;)).

I have been jumping since 1968 and it is still as exciting as ever. The thrill just doesnt wear off. It will change your life for the better. Go for AFF.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

airtwardo and 377-

thanks so much!

an adrenaline roto-rooter to flush out the mediocrity of life...hmm- yea, i think i had alot to flush out! ok. a steady diet of continuous skydiving- good idea!

and 377, wow, still exciting after so many years! that's great. and actually, the more i think about doing aff, the more i think, how can i NOT do it?!
Jennifer