edmund_atx

I like falling~

Hey ya'll, I'm new to the sport, have 1 tandem jump under my belt and another one coming up this Sunday (woohoo!).

This summer I'm going to get into the AFF course and work towards my A license! Any suggestions for a total newb doing the course? (I want to try to do it all in a few consecutive days.)

Hope to jump with some of ya'll in the future,
Edmund

Welcome to skydiving! Glad to hear that there is another potential candidate out there-

Just to let you know, it will probably take more than a few days to pass AFF. there can be many hiccups along the way- weather, shortage of instructors, $$$, enough time, gear available, injury, fail a level and have to repeat it, etc... This is not an overnight process. Expect it to take a little longer than a few days. The first jump course itself takes a half a day to a full day.

Blue skies to you! :)

http://3ringnecklace.com/

Good to know! Thanks!

I just scheduled AFF 1 so hopefully I can do 1, then two a day and finish up (1-7 at least) in 4 days total as long as I don't fail-train one :)

Been watching AFF Youtube videos and the process looks exciting-- can't wait to be back flipping on the way down!

I'm also new in the sport since I did my AFF last March at Skydive Deland in Florida. I'm from Canada and was there for my vacations.
So I was fully available and my canadians coaches were there with me.
In that week I did 22 jumps and we were grounded for 2 days because of winds.
So if you (and your coach) are available and the wheather is good it's possible to complete your AFF in a week!
Enjoy it's just incredible!!

If you have the opportunity to do some Windtunnel training previously to you "real" AFF I would strongly recommend it!
It's what I did and my AFF was only fun and fine tuning B|

Have Fun!!
Blue Sky!

FlyingLilly