JBOZ

1st jump, 1st post

I did my 1st first jump (TANDEM) about 3 weeks ago for my 40th B-Day.............IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!;)
I start my "working" tandems tomorrow right after my wife does her FIRST jump.
She's watched the video of my jump about a million times and is ready to do it, but, she's a little nervous about it and I think she needs some "soothing" words of encouragement.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Don't trust'em til they give you a reason to.............

Here's a picture that should soothe. It's from a jump I did last weekend. I too was hooked by a tandem and 10 months later, I have my A license and 114 jumps.

Skydiving is a great adventure adn you two will have such wonderful experiences.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

THANKS granny, that makes people like us that aren't quite so young feel a little better about jumping out of a perfectly good plane............LMAO.
Chelle wants to know how it felt stepping out of the plane for the first time (apparently she thinks my opinion is jaded).
Don't trust'em til they give you a reason to.............

I loved it from the first. i absolutely loved the view. I remember thinking how much better it was without the airplane in the way. lol I did my tandem as an extra cerdit project for a physics class I was taking and I had no idea skydiving was going to reach out and grab me like it did. No clue whatsoever. In the plane on the way to altitude, there were 8 of us, me and the physics instructor and our tandem masters and a videographer and three funjumpers. They were guys in their 20's I'd guess and when they got the go to open the door, they were as expectant and joyful as kids at Christmas. I knew anything that could make young men act like that had to be good. And you know what???? I was right.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I love watching first timers... always reminds me of my own! The rush, the view, the feelings that you have afterwords. NOTHING looks the same, especially skies! A new perspective on life is to be found! Advertures for all who decide to take the ride! The skydiving community is wonderfull! Extremely friendly and always looking forward to new members. Welcome and blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.