shmali

Need help figuring out material

So i'm trying to sell a jumpsuit that i got with rig but i'm heaving a bit of difficulty trying to figure out what type of material it is. Anyone know a good way to describe the difference between poly cotton, supplex etc so i can figure out which on it is made of.

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!

Suplex is about the feel (hand) and weight of bed sheets (if they were nylon)

Poly Cotton (not it's trade name) comes in many different forms but is usualy heavier.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Another way to tell the diff is poly-cotton will readily absorb water. Nylon Supplex will not. It beads up and takes eons to absorb. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Suplex is about the feel (hand) and weight of bed sheets (if they were nylon)

Poly Cotton (not it's trade name) comes in many different forms but is usualy heavier.

Supplex comes in many different weight as well... 2ply, 4 ply, even 6 ply! So it makes it even harder to recognize it. Supplex is just the name given by Dupont to a fiber they developped. It can be weaved in many different forms and sometimes it's even coated to make it ZP, waterproof ect...

Like skyyhi said a good way knowing if it could be supplex is to put water on it. On supplex, it will bead off. On poly/cotton, it will soak right in.

Also, supplex will have a much more synthetic feel to it than Polycotton and if you try to blow trough the material the supplex will be much less porous that the poly cotton.

Hope this helps!

"We see the world just the way we are...