skydiver30960

grommets

OK, guys; time to use our rigging knowledge in another sport: hockey. I just needed to get a repair done to a hockey skate of mine: I'd pulled out one of the eyelets. A cobbler patched the leather, but didn't have an eyelet that could handle two layers of this particular leather. So, with the help of a sign shop, I used a #0 grommet. It held for a little while, but has come loose again. The problem is that the two layers of leather is just too think for a regular #0 grommet. There isn't enough room for the one side of the grommet to roll over the other side to hold it in place.

Do whoever it is that makes grommets make "taller" grommets for thicker applications like this? If I can find anything, I can use the grommet presses at the DZ to give it another try...

Elvisio "hockey is almost as cool as skydiving" Rogriguez

You can get "long" size 0 grommets. Check Paragear. Only issue is that the only type/size they offer is stainless steel spur type grommets in size 0.

I'm sure that you can probably locate other options elsewhere, if needed.

Mike

If a #0 has already been punched out, call the rigger at the DZ to see if he has any long shank stainless #0 grommets. Other wise call up Para gear. If you get extras, your rigger may be happy to take them off your hands.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Schweet... thanks guys. Now, where the hell did I pack that Paragear catalog when I moved?...

You left it right here on the World Wide Webhttp://www.paragear.com

Try this Link instead ==> Aerostore It's the Spur Grommet # 0 - Stainless Steel- long grommet
It will be much easier then paragear
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto